Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Black Sheep - PR blog

Hi, guys! I just wanted to share here that recently I started another, local blog, hosted on a blog platform called The Black Sheep. My new blog is entitled Воглавно Јавно, which in English would mean something like Generally public. The blog is strictly professional, and it’s all about PR, advertising and communications industry. It came as a result of an old idea for a local blog made by a professional, by someone that works in the area. The blog is in Macedonian, so I will try to also write (or at least adapt) some of the posts here in English.

There are lots of PR professionals that are not willing to share their knowledge and experience publicly and free of charge. I personally believe that it is not only selfish, but also a non-sense, especially in this century when the knowledge is more accessible than ever! Hundreds and thousands of handbooks, text-books, expert and case studies, etc. today are only one click away!

Experience is something else – you really need to work in the area to gain experience. But for a PR beginner, reading Public Relations for Dummies is more than enough to enter the PR industry.

That is why I will try with this blog not to be selfish and to share as much as I can my knowledge and my experience I have gained (and I still gain) during my PR career. Maybe I won’t be always right. But that is why I expect comments and quality discussions on all my blogs, which I believe can lead only to promotion of our profession.

No comments: